Scope of the Policy
Reformation Scotland Trust (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the Data Controller is Reformation Scotland Trust, Whiteside House, Bathgate EH48 2RX. For further information, please contact Mr Matthew Vogan, our General Manager, via our Contact Form.
Personal Information We may Collect
We may collect and process the following data:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.reformationscotland.org (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services (such as our email list) or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information, for example, when you report a problem with our site.
- Correspondence by email, telephone or letter in connection with matters you contact the Society about.
- Details of transactions you carry out with us, principally (but not limited to) sales orders and donations.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
- Information about your device, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information – this is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you or any other individual.
Where and How We Store Your Personal Information
All financial information received in connection with a payment on website is encrypted and held on the secure servers of our third party payment gateway providers, and in the case of recurring payments only, on our website also.
We will transmit your personal data over the internet. The transmission of information via the internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure and any data you send is transmitted at your own risk. However, all financial information and all data in transit between your device and our website is encrypted.
You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at [email protected] We will treat your information with respect. For more information about our privacy practices please visit our website. By signing up to the list you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.
Uses Made of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with products and services that you have requested such as sales orders and emails
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To keep you up to date in connection with our activities.
- To provide you with information about products or services, where you have pro-actively consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To endeavour to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use any statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from visitors to our site. Neither will we, or any third party, link or seek to link an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any PII from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after the year they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: please contact us for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you do this, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Our Website collects information that is necessary only to process an order. All orders are processed through PayPal. All account information collected on this web site is stored on PayPal’s secure site and is not available to our computers, other than shipping and email information.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own Privacy Policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information within Reformation Scotland.
Otherwise, we will not disclose to or share your personal information with third parties, except where:
- Reformation Scotland or substantially all of its assets are acquired whether by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- we need to engage external computer or data consultants, subject to confidentiality agreements, in respect of maintenance and support in connection with our IT systems and website; or
- we enable third parties to process information and provide services on our behalf to facilitate the activities described in ‘Uses Made of Your Personal Information’ above. We carefully select our third party relationships and will ensure appropriate safeguards are put in place to protect your information; or
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, including:
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Reformation Scotland and our customers, includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the legal right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you, before collecting your data, if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time, by the method outlined in the previous section.
Access to Information
You are legally entitled to access the information we hold about you and we will always respond within all the terms of the prevailing legislation to provide this to you.